–adjective 1. firmly resolved or determined; set in purpose or opinion.
2. characterized by firmness and determination, as the temper, spirit, actions, etc.
I don't actually believe in resolutions. I believe you should continuously strive to better yourself throughout the year. Much like birthdays and Valentine's day, however, i appreciate the tradition. In 2006 I took a hold of some things that had been bothering me, about my confidence, my health - and I've made huge strides towards reaching my goals. However, there are still many things that I would like to do better.
Some of my resolutions are quite tangible, some are more vague. I will strive for all of them with equal force and likely many stops and starts. But life is a journey of stops and starts, is it not?
In 2007, I will:
1) Quit fucking smoking already, geez
2) Run a 10K (I'm already at 5K, this isnt such a stretch =))
3) Take care of myself
4) Love my friends and family
5) Be the best friend, sister, daughter, and granddaughter that I can be on each day
6) Give back through volunteering
See, resolutions...they make me feel silly =) But good things, no doubt. Happy New Year!