Wednesday, November 30, 2011

attack of the eyeliners

I'm on a bit of a beauty and cosmetics kick right now. I have packages from Lush, Bumble & Bumble, and MAC waiting for me at home. Its like Christmas up in here. I go through this, these phases, where I want new make-up and shampoos and bath salts and glorious things like that. It's an upgrade, its a chance to sort out what doesn't work well v. what does.  It actually helps me streamline by vanity arsenal. Plus I smell pretty.

I am ALL ABOUT the Lush right now, by the way. I love their stuff. So amazing, so delicious smelling, so natural.

The MAC gear includes a liquid eye liner - Superslick Liquid Eye Liner in Defiantly Feline. I think this will become something like the 5th liquid eye liner I've tried. And you know what works best so far? Wet N' Wild, baby. For some reason, I am refusing to accept this as my liquid liner fate. It all comes down to the brush, really. I think I could use almost any liner with the W&W brush. I even bought an eye liner brush, and it's not the same.

I started rocking the liquid eye liner..kitten-eyes, I suppose, not full-on cat...during the week months ago. It helps my eyes not disappear behind my glasses. I'm actually pretty good at application now - unless I have the wrong implement. Then forget about it.

Again, I'm not sure why I feel compelled to spend $20 dollars on an eye liner when I can spend $2. My experience with MAC products has been overwhelmingly great though, so here's hoping I have discovered some secret holy grail of liquid liners. Fingers crossed.

No comments: