Thursday, December 22, 2011

midnight in paris

I finally saw Midnight in Paris last night. I never seem to go to the actual movies anymore, so I'm always super-excited when the ones I want to watch come out on DVD. I do love a Woody Allen movie, and I was not disappointed in this one. It was a lovely film, very Woody, and just delightful. I think my favorite part may have been Adrian Brody as Dali.

Dali!


I still can't quite express just how much of a bitch Rachel McAdams' character is - and its very out of character for her! It doesn't quite fit! I know, I know, she was Regina George! But this, this is different. You end up despising her very quickly.

Like Gil, I too am enchanted by Paris of the '20s, but I wouldn't have kept nearly as cool as he in the presence of the Fitzgeralds, Hemingway, Gertrude Stein, Cole Porter, and Picasso. Of course, the point of the movie, and isn't it true - is that the present is very difficult to appreciate. Good for Adriana in La Belle Epoque, not so good for that detective in Versailles...and a reminder to us to appreciate our lives - and to make our own golden age.

No comments: