Saturday, March 31, 2012

out with the old...April

goodness, time to set some monthly goals! first, here's a look at last month..

March Time!

In with the new:
I am going to re-introduce running into my fitness routine. I used to run, I did the Couch to 5K program, and the first time I ran 3 miles I thought I might die, but I was also prouder of myself than I'd ever been. And, running makes you skinny. I swear, it does. I don't know why its different than any other form of exercise, but it is. So, there you go. I like it, makes you skinny, we got a winner.

I'm going to use Couch to 5K again, and until it is consistently warm in the mornings, I will probably mix running with my workout vids, P90X2, etc. But the goal is 3 days / week.
 
I did this, um, a little. I did run a few times, not as much as I would have liked. Other workout wise, I've found myself really focusing on the yoga workouts from P90X and P90X2, as well as Jillian Michael's yoga workouts, plus Ballet Beautiful. I'm into stretching and strength right now. 
 
Running though, it is good. So, no plans on taking that off the table. 

Out with the old:

Shopping hiatus, again. Also, over this month, I'm going to do my best to cut back my smoking to 3 cigs a day - morning/noon/night. I'd say I smoke about 8-10 a day now.  This week I will cut back to 5, and then 3 the following week for the next 3 weeks. This is in preparation for quitting before my 34th birthday (May 2nd). 
 
Yeah, I failed the shit out of both of these. Whoops.
 
ON TO APRIL!
 
In with the new:
I took an overnight trip to Charlottesville last night as part of a campaign to desensitize myself to my anxiety around travel.  I actually had a really nice time, and I think I'll try and make shorter trips like this once  a month. I'll start out with trips around VA/MD, and then the next big hurdle is taking a train or plane somewhere further away. Next up is Richmond, I think.
 
Out with the old:
I'm going to repeat last month's goals, because they are still really important to me. I have a proper budget now, with savings goals, and I'd like to direct some of that clothes money to savings. I'd also prefer to spend my money on some furniture I'd like rather than clothes. I think I'm pretty well set for spring clothes right now. 
 
Smoking - still planning on quitting May 2. On the road to that goal. 

No comments: