Friday, February 03, 2012

12/11 to 2/4, 365

ooof. out of date! i just happened to look back at last year, and tomorrow, 2/4, marks 1 year since I started my daily questions from my 5 year journal! so, updates must happen - because the cool thing about a 5 year journal is to finish the year, and then do the 2nd, 3rd, and 4th years, right? okay. here we go:

12/11
Q: Where do you find joy?
A: In the smell of spring, a job well done, really good quality chocolate, beautiful things, making things with my hands, love, family.

12/12
Q: What's on your wish list?
A: A new living room set would be cool.

12/13
Q: What is your biggest regret?
A: I don't have one, really. I think everything I've experienced has led me to who I am now.

12/14
Q: Why are you impressive?
A: I am technically a genius (143 IQ), haha. I am a good cook and baker. I can do the shit out of some soduko. I read really reallyreallyfast.

12/15
Q: Moderation or excess?
A: Excess in moderation

12/16
Q: What do you find irresistible?
A: Kittens. I mean, come on, they are kittens.sooo cuuute

12/17
Q: If you had to move to a new city, where would you move?
A: Boston or San Francisco. Or possibly Nashville.

12/18
Q: What do you like to talk about?
A: Politics, people, why people are weird, life experiences, etc.

12/19
Q: If you could change one thing about today, what would it be?
A: I would have made it stay light until about 930. ah, summer, you are missed.

12/20
Q: What is your dream vacation?
A: Right now, I'd like to do a  Pacific Northwest tour - San Francisco/Portland/Seattle/Vancouver trip

12/21
Q: If you could be the best at anything, what would it be?
A: Best writer of novels, hands down.

12/22
Q: Did you meet someone new recently?
A: Ahh, nope.

12/23
Q: What's your favorite cereal? Rice Chex drizzled with honey

12/24
Q: Write down a recent transition.
A: I transitioned off one of my anxiety drugs. It sucked, but now I'm supergood.

12/25
Q: Write down 5 words that describe today:
A: 1) Family
2) Tradition
3) Food!
4) Laughter
5) Love

12/26
Q: On a scale of 1 to 10, how spontaneous were you today.
A: 3-ish

12/27
Q: When was the last time you felt at peace?
A: For a moment when I got home from work today. I mean, usually, I feel at peace, but there was something very pressing on my mind today that became clear in this moment.

12/28
Q: Snuggle down or go out and play?
A: Both! Often! Always! In almost equal measure.

12/29
Q; What are your top three wishes?
A:
1) Extremely full and happy lives for everyone I love..and me
2) World peace - that would be nice, would it not?
3) Good health and good fortune

12/30
Q: List what you've eaten for the past week
A: Seriously, question book? Okay then.

Everyday at work this week, I've had: starbucks protein plate. grande decaf coffee. multiple cups of ice water. maple brown sugar oatmeal.

Dinners this week..Salmon with roasted veggies, Sweet potato pizza, "chicken" nuggets, rice and brussel sprouts. ummm.. lasagna. ok, that's all I got. Oh, like 5-6 caffeine free diet cokes

12/31
Q: What is your most cherished memory of this year (2011)?
A: I think our family gathering remembering Grampy. That was very special. We had a very good family year, with a wedding and a new baby, the first great grandchild.


1/1
Q: What is your mission?
A: To live what I love

1/2
Q: Can people change?
A: Yes, they can grow, learn, mature.

1/3
Q: What are you reading right now?
A: MWF seeks BFF

1/4
Q: The best part of today?
A: Snuggling up in bed

1/5
Q: What was the last restaurant you went to?
A: Mad Fox

1/6
Q: Today was tough because
A: Friday's can be super long at work, and fly by after

1/7
Q: You are lucky: How so or not so?
A: I am lucky. I was born into an amazing family, who raised me well. I have never had to go without. I almost always win at least $5 when I play lottery

1/8
Q: What song is stuck in your head?
A: Oh, this is embarrassing. Fred has a video game that he got for christmas..Skyram. It has music that plays in the background from time to time, and the opening notes of it are the same as that song Fievel sings in An American Tail.  You know..somewhere out there. so that song, it is stuck in my head, all the time. Sigh.

1/9
Q: Was today typical? Why or why not?
A: Yep, pretty typical friday

1/10
Q: Write down something that inspired you today
A: It was actually a work training I did today - I was re-inspired to make things better.

1/11
Q: Today you lost
A: The backing to my earring. So now I have mismatched backings. The horror.

1/12
Q: What's your favorite accessory?
A: Engagement ring

1/13
Q: Where do you want to travel next?
A: Los Angeles

1/14
Q: Are you a leader or a follower?
A: Mostly leader

1/15
Q: On a scale of 1-10, how was your lunch today?
A: Delicious. Veggie sandwich from the deli

1/16
Q: Do you owe someone money? Does someone owe you?
A: I have student loans and a car payment. I don' think anyone owes me.

1/17
Q: What's the oldest thing you are wearing today?
A: I would venture to say my Frye boots. I got them 3 years ago, and they were used. They are lovingly beat up.

1/18
Q: What was peaceful about today?
A: Right now, I'm listening to simon and garfunkel and typing. Its a lovely thing.

1/19
Q: List 3 foods you ate today
A: Sweet potato pizza (Sweet potato, kale, onion, sage, fontina, pizza crust). Intense Orange dark chocolate square. tuna fish.

1/20
Q: Are you holding a grudge?
A: I may be incapable of holding grudges

1/21
Q: What are you looking forward to?
A: Spring, glorious spring! Extra hour of light a day

1/22
Q: Are you seeking adventure or security?
A: Why can't I have both

1/23
Q: Do you need a break? From what?
A: I'm okay. I think I need a week off work every 12 weeks or something.

1/24
Q: If you were going to start your own company, what would it be?
A: If I can get good enough, I would love to sell custom afghans and quilts

1/25
Q: What makes you you?
A: Oh, I'm sure this can't be explained fully. There are some intangibles. Also very hard to do about yourself. I know exactly who I am, but its hard to describe.

1/26
Q: Today, you needed more.
A: Naps

1/27
Q: Which art movement best describes you today?
A: Surrealism. Not really, I just like the answer. Its been a not at all surreal day. Cubism? Yes, cubism.

1/28
Q: How do you describe home?
A:Warm, lived in, kitties are here. Comfortable. Also, its a 3 BR, 3 Level, 3.5 bath townhouse, in case you were curious.

1/29
Q: What was the last TV show you watched?
A: Top Gear

1/30
Q: What do you want to forget?
A: My fears

1/31
Q: Who do you want to be?
A: Me, bettering myself every day

2/1
Q: What is your resolution for tomorrow?
A: Enjoy. Do one thing a little bit better than today.

2/2
Q: Who do you live with?
A: Fred and the cats

2/3
Q: On a scale of one to ten, how sad are you?
A: 2. I am generally very happy, but I've been slightly uncertain about something recently, and its making me a little blue.



No comments: