Monday, January 02, 2012

year in review

I'm sitting here in my living room, trying to really really enjoy this last day of vacation. I'm thinking about everything that I did in 2011. So, I thought I'd make a list of some of the big things:

1) We moved into our new house -Dec 31/Jan 1
2) I started a new job - Jan 24
3) I turned 33 - May 2
4) I got my hair dyed to match my natural color - and then I stopped dying my hair
5) I won an award at work
6) I got a sewing machine and took Home Ec - and I made a quilt!
7) I completed P90X (P90X 2 is on its way!)
8) I became a vegetarian
9) I did (most of!) a 30 for 30 challenge - and learned a lot about expanding my wardrobe with what I have
10) I learned how to do a good at home manicure
11) I got my first red lipstick (and then my second...and third..)

That's quite a bit, huh? 2011 was pretty darn nice.

For 2012, I don't want to set resolutions, but I do have a couple of fairly lofty goals that I'd like to accomplish. Well, obviously, I'm going to successfully be wed =) But in addition...for each month, I'd like to try to do something new or beneficial, and maybe stop something that isn't the best for me  - at least for 30 days. A little ying and yang.  And yes, quitting smoking is on the list this year!

So, for January:

In with the New: Drink at least 2 big smart water bottles every day (about 68 oz. - and I don't have to stick to smart water, that's just the bottle I use for workouts and my measuring guide)

Out with the Old: Don't eat chocolate for the month. (its a vice, I'm not saying go without for life, I'm not into denying foods - just go without for 30 days. I don't like it when I feel like I have to have something, and a bit..or more, of chocolate has become a bad habit).

Happy New Year!

No comments: