Tuesday, August 16, 2011

adjustments to the diet

afternoon!

So, I've decided to make some dietary adjustments, and I'm recording them here for posterity and for accountability's sake.

First up..breakfast.

I'm very consistent with my breakfast. I go to Starbucks every morning, and I have a grande decaf sugar free hazlenut soy misto, a small square of dark chocolate (i'd guess 65% or so, really more semi-sweet), and a protein plate. A protein plate is grapes, apple slices, a muesli, well, I don't know what to call it, its not a muffin or scone, but a small slice of bread with nuts and fruit, about the size of a normal muffin top, a hard boiled egg, and cheese. I don't eat the cheese, and I usually save the egg for a mid-day snack.

This sounds reasonably okay, yeah? Well, I want to cut out a few things. First, the soy milk and the artificial sweetener in my coffee. I've heard coconut milk is good in coffee, I'm going to give that a shot.

Second, the bread. I just want to see what not eating bread will do, and this is really the only place in my diet I eat it.

Third, that chocolate content needs to go up to 80%+

So, new breakfast!
Egg cupcakes (recipe here)
Grapes
Apple Slices
One square dark chocolate (80%+)
Decaf coffee with coconut milk.

This also means I won't be going to Starbucks. They'll miss me, and I'll miss them. I may still visit occasionally. I am, after all, a Gold card member, haha.

Lunch and dinner, well...they can pretty much stay the same! I generally have a salad from the Whole Foods salad bar for lunch (I may start making these at home, its pricey for a daily thing), and some kind of meat + veggie for dinner.

Other things to go:
Diet Coke. I only have one a day. I kind of love Diet Coke. I drink the caffeine free version. But, I want to try to cut out artificial sweeteners for a while.

Along those lines..Fruit 20 waters. Delicious, and I crank through them throughout the work day. Again, want to cut the artificial sweetener.

Now, I really truly hate sparkling, unflavored water, so I think I'll just go plain water for a while.

Small adjustments, could have a big impact. We'll see!

In other news - I've been doing Jillian Michael's 30 day shred, and I kind of love working out in the morning before work. Who knew?

No comments: