Wednesday, August 03, 2011

update on the health front

Hi!

Just thought I'd give a little update on the diet (not a diet) and the exercising front. This morning, I did Jillian Michaels' 30 day shred. That is deceptively hard. I'm all, oh yeah, Jillian, bring it on, jumping jacks and squats, I've got this covered. After 15 minutes, yeah, covered in sweat. Good way to start the day though, thumbs up.

I decided to add in a little at home, early morning kind of workout to my routine, to kind of cover me on those days where the last thing I want to do after work is go go to the gym. I still plan on heading to the gym 4-5 times a week, but getting the 30 minute workout done in the AM is a good way to ensure I get it done, no matter what else my day throws out at me.

As for diet - still following along on my plan to eat mostly Paleo. I've been getting a little bored, so I picked up Tosca's Eat Clean cookbook (the first one I think) and I've been trying out some recipes. Had fajitas last night, marinated in lime, lemon, pineapple juice, chili powder, garlic, a little salt and pepper. Delish.

So, its going.

No comments: