Friday, August 26, 2011

my twin's mustache

I just read a little post on Hello Giggles about a girl's father's mustache..

It got me thinking about my own father, my twin really, and his mustache. I think I've only seen him once without it, in the late 80s or early 90s, very early in the morning while getting ready to leave for the beach. Scared the ever-lovin crap out of me cause I didn't know who the hell this person in my house was. Definitely took a good minute to adjust.

He may have taken it off since then, but I honestly don't know. I just had to look at his Facebook pictures to confirm its current existence. It is that engrained in my mental picture of him, that much a permanent fixture, that I don't even notice it.

I, for one, like the mustache look. I'm going to make Fred grow a mustache. He can shave it off immediately afterwards, I just want to see what he looks like.

My father and I, we look exactly alike. I'm not kidding even a little bit. I have a picture of him in profile when he was 16, and you put it next to a profile of me, and we're identical twins.

At the very least, I know what I'd look like, should I ever be compelled or able to grow a mustache myself (gosh, I hope not).

So, here's to Dad, and to Dad's mustache. I love ya.

The mustache in the 70s



Present Day Mustache


No comments: