Friday, June 03, 2011

what's in my makeup bag?

Hi all! I thought I would share with you the myriad of products that I use on my face everyday!

Now that it is summer, and with the heat we experienced this week, I do scale back a bit on the makeup. Here is my summer routine:

1)Cleansing and Prep

I use the Korres Quercetin & Oak Anti-Aging Regimen, and I am in lurrve. Korres is a Greece-based company that prides itself on natural, organic ingredients and eco-friendly policies, and does not test on animals. They make super-cute make-up too. I sound like an ad. Well, consider Korres to be Sara-approved. My skin likes it a lot too. You can buy Korres at Sephora (only place I know so far).



2) Protection

After the cleansing and prep, I put on my sunscreen. I use Shiseido Ultimate Sun Protection Cream for Face SPF 55. Its the only sunscreen I have used under make-up that doesn't either funk up my makeup or slide around.



You can also buy this at Sephora.

3) Base

In the summer, I don't use foundation. I use Cover Girl & Olay Simply Ageless Concealer for under-eye circles and any uneven spots. I blend this with my fingers.




I then use a highlighting powder that is actually an eyeshadow..CoverGirl Eye Enhancers in Champagne. This goes down my nose, across the tops of my cheekbones, on the bow of my lip, in the corners of my eyes, and on my browbones. Very light application and blended thoroughly.



Color!

Next up comes blush. My sister got me an amazing kit from Lorac that has all sorts of colors, so I pick whichever blush suits my mood that day (I have 4 to choose from!) Most often, I use Lorac Pink. It looks super bright but is layerable and is really sweet and subtle.




I finish off my face with a dusting of Make Up For Ever HD Microfinish Powder. I don't use a conventional face powder - this one is transparent and gives you that "HD" finish. Actually, I'm not sure it does anything, but I like it.




Eyes

On my eyes, most days, I use a brown gel eyeliner, Maybelline Lasting Drama by EyeStudio Gel Eyeliner, in Brown. I like the liquid-eyeliner look, but this is SO MUCH NEATER, and doesn't require as steady a hand.



I usually use eyeshadow, but remember that Lorac kit? It has about 30 eyeshadow colors. The two shades I use most are Enlighten (Shimmering Sand) and Sand (Shimmering Pale Peach).




I finish off my eyes with a good couple coats of Maybelline Volum' Express The Falsies Spoon Brush Washable Mascara in Brownish Black.




Lips!

Oh my goodness, do I have a lifetime affair with lipsticks and glosses of all types. I'm going to go digging around in my purse and see what I turn up..hold please.

Ok, not even kidding, I am currently carrying 11 different kinds of lip-coloring or moisturizing implements.

I have:
Clinique SuperBalm Moisturizing Gloss in Rootbeer and Black Honey
Maybelline ColorSensational Lipstain in Cherry Pop
The Body Shop Born Lippy in Satsuma Shimmer
Aveda LipTint in Spice
CoverGirl NatureLuxe Gloss in Peony
Blistex Silk & Shine
Clinique Chubby Stick in Richer Raisin
Revlon SuperLustrous Lip Gloss in Pink AfterGlow
Mac Lustre Lipstick in Sheer Plum
L'Oreal HIP Jelly Balm in Ripe

Whoa, dude. Honestly, what gets used first, in the morning, is not in my bag. It is CoverGirl Outlast Lipstain Lip Color in Wild Berry Wink.



These other colors get used depending on my mood - natural or bright, red or pink. Most-used are probably the Chubby Stick and the SuperBalms.

So that's that! That's what goes on my face each day. Its a lot of work being a girl, you know?

No comments: