Thursday, June 16, 2011

where it all began

long long ago, in a place actually quite close to here, I came across a blog. I googled the name of a boy I had been on a date with. A good date, I thought. But as these things go, there never was a second date. There was, however, the world of blogging. His name showed up in a post by the HILARIOUS Ms. TequilaMockingbird, and the rest, as they say, is history (and liberal use of daily read lists).

Ms. Mockingbird, sadly, hasn't written in about 4 years. You can read her archives here and I highly recommend you do. There are some pee-your-pants moments in there.

Tequila led to Heather (I think she would appreciate that statement, actually). Dooce led to Mighty Girl. At this point, many years later, I consider so many blogs daily reads, and am humbled by the talent that exists out there in the blogging world.

But it all started with Tequila Mockingbird, and a thought. Hey, I can write a blog. I think I will.

No comments: