Wednesday, February 23, 2005

I had a bad dream just before my alarm clock woke me up this morning. I was at some sort of resort camp type thing and there was a friendly game of basketball going on...except it wasnt that friendly. It was the varsity girls squad of my high school. Regardless, I decided I would go out and play. But I didnt have the right shoes.
I was at this resort thing with my recently ex-boyfriend. He really wanted me to play basketball for some reason. I told him I didnt have the right shoes. This apparently was not acceptable, and he got very mad and left.

Let me say at this point that I was terrified of going out to play basketball with the varsity squad in shoes that were wrong - not style wrong - the soles were wrong and would make me slip on the court.

So I suck it up and go over to the bleachers and sit with the team. I explain that I have the wrong shoes. It is okay that I have the wrong shoes, they say. They will take me to get the right shoes and until then I can watch and listen.

In my dream, I am overjoyed. I run to tell the boyfriend (we are apparently not ex yet in my dream) and run smack into him dressed for the pool with his ex girlfriend (whom I know, and used to live with). But I joined the team! I protest. Ex girlfriend takes one look at me and runs off, boyfriend looks upset and says, Im sorry, I made a mistake, but I cant change things now.

WTF!!!???!!!

No comments: