Tuesday, August 29, 2006

quite talented

By now, I figure I've logged enough hours to have earned a PhD in Blog-Reading with a Master's in Wasting Time. This isn't to say work has suffered, per se, only that I have suffered. Needlessly, I'm sure.
So why am I so scared of the day the offers from all interviews come in? I am dreading, seriously, DREADING that conversation. And its because I've done myself a disservice. I've not told anyone for months how soul-sucked I feel here because I keep being told what an amazing job I'm doing, and really, who wants to rock that boat until they have offer letter in hand? Part of me even thinks that I'm running away from an opportunity to make real changes here but oh then reality kicks in and smushes my little idealistic notions. This isnt a place for idealogy, at least not anymore, as far as I can tell.

No comments: