Friday, January 13, 2006

sickypants

my doctor just very nonchalantly told me I have a virus that is lasting, oh, a few weeks. wtf? and that I should take 800 milligrams of ibuprofen a day - is that a lot? no, guess not, my nyquil has 500 milligrams of acetimenophen in a "Serving" if you will. of course, doctor made this diagnosis without even setting eyes on me, which means to me that maybe I need a new doctor, cause my self-diagnosis is strep. but then, I don't have one of those MD degree thingies. But she really called me, asked me 4 questions, and then said, treat the symptoms, itll be over in a few weeks. Hellllllo I've already missed 2 days of work a few weeks at this intensity is not acceptable.

See also the post "Saturday Night Fever" for the root cause of my virus.

No comments: