Saturday, March 05, 2011

Beauty Q & A

1) What's your favorite drug-store makeup product and your favorite higher-end product?
Drugstore, definitely Revlon Aqua colorstay makeup. It feels amazing going on and gives good coverage without being heavy. Higher-end, my MAC lustre lipsticks in Sheer Plum and Ruby Woo, and Tarte cheek and lip stain. Also Benefit Bo-oing! concealer is quality stuff. Stila Kitten eye shadow. Oh i could go on.

2) Is there one type of product that is your go-to, can't live without?
I could and would happily live without makeup, but I like to have a good, moisturizing, not gloopy lip balm/gloss. A good gloss can do your lips, eyes, cheeks, and set your brows too. Can't do much about shiny spots though, sad. My favorite gloss by far is Clinique Superbalm in Black Honey.

3) What is the best hair product you've ever used?
I'm quite partial to Aveda, but some of their products are a bit drying for my hair. I cannot get over the heavenly smell to this day, and I worked there for some time so you know i really love that smell! Sap Moss is my favorite and I really miss the shampoo/conditioner but I still use the pre-shampoo treatment. Also quite partial to Tigi Control Freak. I adore Moroccan Oil for keeping my hair healthy. Phytojoba Intense Hydrating Shampoo is my hair's favoritist shampoo evers.

4) Fess up, what's the worst beauty look you've tried to rock and look back at now with a little shame you actually did it?
I was in high school in the 90s, we liked a lot of matte lipstick and brown eyeshadow, which isn't so bad. I guess the worst look ever is the poof bangs of the late 80s, but EVERYONE rocked those, so I can't really single myself out there.

5) When it comes to beauty products, we all use the same basic products. What do you use that helps show off your personal flair and personality?
I like to wear my (mostly) curly hair natural (most) of the time. I believe in the less is more approach to makeup, and while I may have a lot of products, I use them sparingly, and they are used to enhance rather than change my natural looks.

No comments: