Monday, March 21, 2011

she's crafty




I indulged my latent craftiness this weekend with two projects - both small, one very small.


Here is the itty bitty project, a flower pin. I have been drawn to flower pins on sale at some of my favorite stores but really couldn't justify the price. I went to the floral section of my local Michaels and selected my favorite bloom. Popped the flower off the stem, glued a square of felt in the back to keep it in place, and added a pin to the back. Tada! I kind of love it.



The second project was a wreath to replace the pine wreath I finally took down a couple of weeks ago. I wanted something springy but could not find a spring-themed wreath that I really liked. I took the idea of a yarn wreath and used a springy color palette of various yellow. I like the results quite a bit, I think the only improvement would be a greater variety of flowers. Luckily, they pin right on, so I can change them up if I like. This was also a very quick project, its a green foam wreath form wrapped in yellow yarn (took about an hour and a half). The gerbera daisies are pin ons from Michaels. The yellow ribbon on top is from a roll of ribbon I just loved to much to pass up, without a plan for it - now it has a home!


What do you think of my foray into craftiness? Original, no, but definitely easy, and fun!




No comments: