Tuesday, February 07, 2012

2/7, 365, year 2

Feb 7th, 2012
Q: Are you seeking contentment or excitement?
A: Again, sorry to be repetitive..but both. And yes, still contentment over excitement. Content can be thought of to mean, just happy enough. As in, yes, this will do. But that's not how I see it. I think being content is a comforting, warm, sustained state, that is highly desirable. Hugged by life.



I've certainly had periods where I've been driven by "bad" excitement or drama...and they suck, honestly. But to never be excited by life would also be extremely lame.

Way back machine...

Feb 7th, 2011

Q: Are you seeking contentment or excitement?

A: While I don't think these are mutually exclusive, I'm going to say contentment. The word contentment makes me think of being happy with exactly where you are. Smiling to yourself as you are curled up on the couch drinking coffee and considering your life, looking up at your surroundings, and those you surround yourself with, and knowing it is good. Feeling safe, satisfied, and happy. That said, why can't you have all this and have moments in your life that excite you? Seems to me that is what life should be.

No comments: