Friday, May 25, 2012

friday and thoughts

happy friday! happy memorial day! I think memorial day is my favorite of all holidays.

big project to tackle this weekend - curtains! I need curtains for my bedroom, and I want to change out the ones in the living room and kitchen area. I've been doing a lot of curtain shopping online, and a lot of fabric shopping, and I've found that it wouldn't be that much cheaper to make them. I think if I could find some fabric at the thrift store, that would be ideal, but I have a very specific picture in mind, and I haven't had any luck yet.

I'm also going to make another wrap skirt, much like this one, here:

This one is from Free People vintage, and I love it, but there is no need to pay $200+ for something I can sew. So there.

The clothes I love best are those I can imagine my mother wearing in about 1978 to 1982. In my head I am always shooting for this particular aesthetic. What can I say, it stayed with me. She had a wrap skirt or five and a really good story about toddlers untying it in the grocery store with her hands full.

What are your thoughts on purple and yellow together? I have a slight negative reaction in theory, possibly because they were our rival high school colors. But in practice, I think I quite like the idea.

See, like this and this:






I think this works, but I could just be on a lot of crack. I see it with a camel belt and heels. Thoughts?










Anyway, have an amazing holiday weekend! ENJOY!

No comments: