Sunday, February 13, 2011

10 of 365

Q: What is your favorite question to ask people?

A: Definitely what is your favorite band or song. I really think the music that people enjoy says a lot about who they are, or more precisely, how they can act. it may be presumptive or foolish, but I think that the diversity of taste and curiosity for new music is an indication of an openness and thoughtfulness in approach to life in general.

Also, i really enjoy discovering music new to me, and I love to hear about bands I may not have uncovered myself.

A question that more often than not follows this question in some manner is one's favorite concert experience. I've been to some pretty major concerts in my time, but 6 stick with me. REM's Monster tour. 1994 Lollapalooza, with L7, Cypress Hill, the Beastie Boys, Nick Cave, the Smashing Pumpkins, and more. Prodigy closing the HFSTival. 1998 Tibetan Freedom, where I saw Thom Yorke and Michael Stipe sing together on stage. 2008 Bad Brains on election night in DC. 2010 Conor Oberst and the Mystic Valley Band.

No comments: