Wednesday, December 21, 2011

an oldy-goody

i was at ye olde CVS on Monday, browsing the make up aisles, as I do, when I stumbled upon a long forgotten favorite.

Wet n' Wild lip pencil in 666 (the devil's pencil), also called Brandywine. (here's an awful picture, sorry!)

This stuff is the most perfect color. And I knew that, in high school. And I used it all the time, in high school. And I was in high school in the early to mid 90s, and one might be concerned about the whole grunge / brown matte lipstick thing..and yes, one could certainly go heavily in that direction with this pencil. But with a little clear shimmer gloss, or heck, even vaseline? Defined, fairly long lasting, nice plummy brown lip color.

and I forgot about it entirely until Monday.

You can buy it here, but like paying for a candy bar with a debit card, I will make fun of you if you buy this online. (p.s. I just bought Chanel Rouge Coco Shine in Rebelle online. Dudes, I have lipstick issues. also, work is a little slow this Dec 21st).

I'm sorry if I ever make fun of you, Wet N' Wild. Between this and your liquid liner, you rock my socks.

Do any of you have any cheapy favorites?

No comments: