I'm toying with the idea of going on a Paleo diet for a month - it seems to make sense, but here's the rub..
1) I don't eat meat (i eat fish)
2) I don't like nuts (they give me tummy issues)
3) Soy is not a part of the Paleo diet.
So ummm, yeahhh..
Here's what I could eat: Fish, eggs, veggies, fruit, sweet potatos. I mean, that's keeping it REAL simple, but you get the idea.
Is it worth cutting out unhealthy carbs and sugars? Yes, yes it probably is.
Are a lot of the meals I cook already Paleo? Yes, yes they are.
I think I will give it a go. Here's what I see as my main obstacles:
1) Coffee. I put soy and sugar in my coffee.
2) Work food. I get my food for the day when I get my coffee - A protein plate from Starbucks, sometimes a little piece of dark chocolate. The protein plate, contrary to its name, has a piece of muesli bread.
3) Fred. Fred likes carbs with dinner.
4) Bread. I effing love a piece of sourdough dipped in olive oil/pepper/rosemary.
So, here's how I'll tackle these:
1) Coffee. Sigh. Umm, I'll switch to tea for a week and see if I hate life.
2) Work food. Some mornings I make an egg and bring that to work with some fruit. I'll just do that everyday for breakfast. Lunch? Ummm. hmmm. tuna salad? what else, what else. Leftovers from dinner. Shrimp salad. Salad of many kinds. Lots of salad. Veggies, fruit.
3) Fred. I'll make Fred some carbs, I just won't eat any unhealthy type carbs myself. Also, sweet potato fries!
4) Bread. I just won't eat the damn bread.
It's so easy to get an idea like this in your head and then say, meh, screw it. I so don't want to do that! Wish me luck!