Thursday, May 25, 2006

dreaming

I had a weird dream last night, which I meant to write down upon waking, but then all this work stuff got in the way, so now I'm doing it. Yes, it IS my last few hours before a 4 day vacation and I'm procrastinating in new and exciting ways.

Okay, so it started the way many of my dreams do, with drunk driving, which is actually a very uncomfortable dream state and is supposed to indicate a lack of control over one's life. I get it when I'm stressed, usually. Anyway, this particular dream, the drunk driving ended fairly quickly, and I ended up at Cornell, yes the University, for some reason. I was attending an information session for my friend Rachel, and I think I was posing as her. Anyway, I ended up filling out an application with my real information and then stressing the entire dream about if I was going to get into Cornell or not.

Throughout this whole strange montage I was fielding cell phone calls from Ed who apparently was rampantly cheating on me, but was being terribly honest and matter-of-fact about it, and I was attempting to break up with him. For some reason this was a tough decision, even while he was recounting the, seriously, like 15 daliances he'd had over the course of our, in dream time, fairly short relationship.

Any thoughts on this one?

No comments: