Saturday, May 28, 2011

my happy place

Oh my goodness, has today been so perfect. Most perfect moment: In my office/studio, re-finishing my new chair, listening to Wait Wait Don't Tell Me on my awesome 80s radio (thanks thrift store), with the window open and a light breeze coming in, drinking a cup of coffee. Fred was downstairs in the garage with his buddy Matt checking out the Mad Max mobile (my nickname for the Audi he brought back from Kentucky). This is my own personal little heaven.

It's tough to type this without thinking of jinxing myself, but wow, I am so HAPPY with my life right now. This is the first time in my life that I don't feel like I'm waiting until something. I am enjoying the here and now and even better, conscious of how wonderful it is. I'm not saying its perfect, but this is the time to enjoy life. We have a really good life. Every cliche I've ever heard about the 30s being a great time of life, well..it would appear to be kind of true.

No comments: