Monday, November 07, 2011

an outfit and an update

Happy Monday! Thank goodness its a short week =) Friday we celebrate Veteran's Day, originally commemorating the end of WWI. Of course, this Friday would be more momentous if that happened in 1911, but no, it happened in 1918. Sorry that the numbers don't add up pretty. Of course, 11/11/11 is still a pretty cool date. Shame I'm no longer in school and don't have to write it under my name on my loose-leaf paper. They still do that, right?

10/10/10 was cool, but not as cool, obviously. I suppose the last time we had one a little like this was 9/9/99. And I don't really remember that. Because I was 21, I'm guessing, and not remembering much? Don't know! Also, 9/9 is my friend Val's birthday. I did not meet her until 2003, but still, yay.

This weekend rather flew by, didn't it? Here it is November 7th already. That means I am 5 1/2 weeks in on P90X, almost to the half-way point. This doubles thing is kind of a pain - I love waking up and exercising before work - I love less, going home from work and doing it again. But it's okay, there are only 2-a-days 3 times a week (and on my schedule that is Tuesdays, Fridays, and Sundays.

P90x is...well, its going. It hurts now more than it did before! I'm going to choose to believe that is because I am "bringing it" more than to believe I am becoming weaker, haha.

As I mentioned last week, my medication is getting a little tinkering with, before the major tinkering, and I feel slightly off, but not too bad. I think I'll be a-ok. I did perhaps fly off the handle at Fred this weekend for the floor being dirty - I had just mopped it, man, I wasn't happy about it - but it wasn't really his fault. Luckily he is understanding about my various mental states =) I threatened him with hiring a maid - yeah, like that is really a threat. But I'm going to do it, I am. I really rather hate cleaning, and I'm hiring someone to do it. And that's okay.

Yesterday, with Daylight Saving Time ending, I woke up at 5am. Awesome, haha. It was a very long Sunday, just how I like 'em =) I do feel bad for my friends with children on sleeping schedules, I'm sure that is a huge pain in the ass. I'm in awe of mothers, especially (not to discount SAHMs), but working mothers, I have no idea how they do it. I have a hard enough time working out for an hour after work.

So, I remembered to take an outfit picture this morning, so that's exciting. Here's what I've got on:

The details:
Sweater: J Crew
Shirt: J Crew (its on major discount right now)
Skirt: J Crew
Tights: Hue via Anthropologie
Shoes: Ann Taylor
Necklace: Anthropologie
Bracelet: J Crew
Rings: Tiffany
Watch: Timex Weekender

No comments: