Tuesday, November 22, 2011

thankful

In the spirit of Thanksgiving later this week, I thought I'd start to make a list of all the big and little things in life I'm thankful for. Some are serious, some are frivolous, but all make me happy.

 Section 1 - My heart, my life
1) Family
2) Fred
3) Dear sweet kitty darlings Tasha and Bella. (Storchez and Rooster)
4) Friends

Section 2- The rest of it
1) the opportunities I've had in my career, and what I've learned
2) NPR
3) Starbucks
4) that my parents are very smart people, and that my grandparents were smart people, and because of them, their children have comfortable, amazing, beautiful, loving homes - and we get to share in the joy and comfort that is a little stability in life.
5) Manhattan Bagel on the weekends
6) The Washington Post and the New York Times
7) music. that music exists. that the genius of the Rolling Stones and the Beatles and Led Zeppelin and Bob Dylan exists. That I was raised in a musical home. That I am a musician, and a music lover.
8) For being raised by parents who taught me, inspired me, and put up with me, and are amazing people, cooler than I'll ever be.
9) That I was raised without prejudice, judgement, racism, or fear, but to have an open mind. Also, to be a Democrat =) That I experienced being the minority.  That I was introduced to religion but allowed to choose my own path. That I've never felt pressure to do or be anything but what I want to be.


to be continued ...

No comments: