Monday, October 03, 2011

an outfit for a cold cold day

It's freezing in DC this fair Monday morning. I mean, 50 degrees cold. That's REALLY cold to happen so sudden-like. I used the weather this weekend as an excuse to go on a tights replenishing mission! Yay! And I was rewarded with 25% off of 3 at J Crew, go me.

I forgot to take an outfit pic this morning - 90 minutes of yoga before work after a late night of hockey drafting will do that to you. But that's ok! I can still show you what I'm wearing.

This is a bit of a departure for me, venturing into the midi's, but I think I like it. I think I need MORE midis. Lots of midis. Midi midi midi.

Here we go!
I have on my trusty J Crew Tippi sweater in Navy



With this awesome midi skirt from Asos



Some camel ribbed tights to keep me toasty



(i want that coat)

and Michael Kors shoes that are OLD but look kinda like this...but smooth leather, not suede



You know something kind of sad? When I was in J Crew picking up my tights (I was very restrained), I actually stroked the charcoal No 2 pencil skirt in double serge wool and whispered to it, Helllo darling.

I may have a small issue with clothes.

I think I'll wear skirts and dresses all week. Why not?

sweater / skirt / tights / shoes

No comments: